5.20.2011

Writing

Writing is a difficult thing. It requires one to be vulnerable, to trust the world with a piece of oneself while knowing that the world can be a cruel place.


Perhaps this is why I have declined to join the world of blogging until now. 


Perhaps, too, it seems as though everyone is a blogger. Everyone has something to say and not many wish to listen. Perhaps no one will wish to listen to me. 


Yet I still feel that God is asking me to write. Not to write and hide but also to share. 

I have resisted this for quite a while now. Why? Partly due to the work involved.



Even now, I am only agreeing to write once a week. 


A large part, however, is that I don't feel that I have anything new to say. To add to the over-quoting of Solomon, "There is nothing new under the sun". (Ecc. 1.9) Who am I to think that I could say something new or even to say something old in an improved way? 

Perhaps God is simply asking me to restate old things for a single reader.



Perhaps God is even more simply asking me to write so that I can grow to be more like Him as I think through various ideas aloud. 

Whatever the reason, here I am. Obeying, even though afraid. I will write. God will listen. I pray He will be pleased.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you've jumped in the pool. Look forward to reading what you have to say. Alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I'm glad you see you writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled across this today, several months after you wrote it. Couldn't stop reading your posts. Thank you for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I will keep writing even if it is just for God and myself...and it is nice to know that it benefits others as well!

    ReplyDelete